“We envision a world where every person can live in a just and sustainable community and know that their voice is being heard at all levels of government.”
Working to inspire Native Leadership so our communities flourish!
Voter Frequently Asked Questions
- Felons CAN vote (unless current incarcerated)
- You CAN vote if you are in a pre-release center
- You MAY be able to vote if you are in a tribal jail
- You CAN vote with a tribal ID
- You CAN vote if you are homeless
- You CAN vote if you cannot read or write
- You CAN vote if you are serving in the military overseas
- You CAN vote if you are away for college
- You CAN vote if you are in a medical center
- Be registered as required by law
- Be 18 years old or older on or before the next election
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Have lived in Montana for at least 30 days
You can register to vote in Montana by visiting the Secretary of State website. Click here!
Any registered voter may vote by absentee ballot. However, you need to fill out an Application for Absentee Ballot.
- You can research candidates while filling out your ballot
- You have 25 days to return their ballot
- You can vote from the comfort of your home
You can use the ‘My Voter Page‘ on the Secretary of State’s website. Use this service to check:
- If you are registered to vote
- Your voter registration address
- Location and directions to your polling place*
- If you are on the list to have ballots mailed to you
- The status of your mailed ballot*
- A sample ballot*
Fill out a voter registration form if your name or address information has changed and has not yet been updated with the county election office.
For more information about voting call us at 800-729-3540,
call your local election office,
call the Secretary of State’s toll-free voter hotline:
visit the Montana Voter Information page.
Your contribution helps us reach our goals.
Support Our Vision. Donate.
Your contribution to Western Native Voice is tax-deductible.
Supporting all our veterans and ensuring we have the services we need is important to me.
Problem displaying Facebook posts. Backup cache in use.