We are looking for energetic, motivated individuals to join our team!
Western Native Voice (WNV) is a non-profit grassroots organization formed in 2011. We are committed to inspiring Native leadership so our communities flourish through civic engagement, leadership development, and public policy advocacy. We work on all seven tribal nations in Montana, and Billings, Helena, Missoula, and Great Falls. We strive to promote social, racial, gender, economic, and environmental justice to preserve our land, water, culture, and way of life for future generations.
Building and Property Maintenance/Janitor
The Building and Property Maintenance/Janitor is responsible for the overall maintenance of the physical appearance of the organization’s building, property, offices, and grounds; and for providing a comfortable physical working environment for the staff. Maintenance requests are as assigned and in accord with priorities set by the supervisor. The position reports any difficulties or circumstances preventing the completion of assignments. Performs various general and semiskilled tasks and duties within the building, offices, and around the organization’s grounds.
While each employee at Western Native Voice has individual work assignments, the entire staff works together as a team to accomplish the goals set in the strategic plan. The Building and Property Maintenance/Janitor is key to the success of Western Native Voice because they serve as liaison and maintain contact with the supervisor to ensure that WNV’s general building and property cleaning needs are met.
The Building and Property Maintenance/Janitor must have:
- Technical Skills ( repair and maintain equipment, machines, buildings, and the surrounding grounds)
- Interpersonal and communication skills (clear verbal, non-verbal, and written communication, customer service, the ability to follow directions accurately, and excellent teamwork skills)
- Attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Administrative and organizational skills (invoicing clients, completing paperwork about repairs, ordering materials, securing permits, and scheduling and/or developing plans for routine maintenance).
- Physical ability
- Flexibility and versatility
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be physically able to climb ladders, bend, or crawl into awkward spaces.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
Salary and Benefits:
- $34,000- $36 ,700 D.O.E
- Health & Dental Insurance
- Sick leave (no waiting period)
- Annual leave (no waiting period)
- Ceremonial leave (no waiting period)
- Parental leave (no waiting period)
- Cell phone stipend up to $75/month
- Pension eligibility after one year
Applications must include a resume and three professional references. Please send applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Phone inquiries are encouraged at (406) 869-1938. Applications will remain open until the position is filled. WNV is an equal-opportunity employer.