Without the help of dedicated volunteers, Western Native Voice would not be able to reach and support all seven reservations communities and urban communities.
Western Native Voice needs your help to reach our goals, expand leadership, stand up for equality and justice, register and mobilize voters, engage communities, poll watch, hold our elected officials accountable, stuff envelopes, and other duties. It is all of our responsibility to ensure that we engage Natives in Montana in protecting our land, water, children, and elders. It is also our civic duty to ensure the leaders we elect are responsible for our issues when drafting policy. As a volunteer, we could use your help in performing many of these functions.
Volunteering is a great way to get involved at any level. If you feel strongly about a particular issue and would like to advance the cause, contact us and inquire about volunteering.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Being a voice in your community
- Participating in phone banks or calling your family, friends, and neighbors encouraging them to vote
- Driving voters to the poll booths on Election Day and while election offices are open on reservations
- Researching issues and clipping newspaper articles
- Writing letters to the editor
- Attending debates and other candidate forums
- Helping with office work at headquarters
- Join in our efforts to ensure we get a record voter turnout.